Ordering and Obtaining your repeat medication - please see leaflet below:
Ordering Repeat Medication
The Foxhayes Practice would like to invite you to use the NHS App
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- check your symptoms - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record - securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
Other services in the NHS App
If your GP surgery or hospital offers other services in the NHS App, you may be able to:
- message your GP surgery, doctor or health professional online
- consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- view your hospital and other healthcare appointments
- view useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you
Keeping your data secure
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
Download the app:
Get help with the app
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page.
You can also use SystmOnline, now available on the Apple and Android app store - search for systmonline to download the app for free! You can also log in by following this link SystmOnline
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS THROUGH THIS SYSTEM UNLESS YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THE SURGERY FOR ONLINE APPOINTMENTS/REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS - PLEASE READ ON FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON HOW TO DO THIS -
We have updated our Repeat Prescription Service. You are now able to have direct access to your clinical record to request medication.
The new service is secure, provides protection for your personal information and is in keeping with NHS recommendations.
If you have already registered for online booking of appointments - the same log in details work for repeat prescriptions.
If you have not yet registered your user name and password can be obtained by calling into the Surgery Reception with photo ID e.g. passport, driving licence.
You will still be able to request repeat medication via your pharmacy and direct at Reception.
Repeat Prescriptions Process
The practice is pleased to help you order any medications that you take regularly. Unfortunately it is too risky to accept repeat prescription requests over the telephone as mistakes could occur. Whilst we know this can be inconvenient, we hope you see that we are anxious to safe guard patients.
- Please notify us of a repeat prescription request by either post, fax, your regular pharmacy repeat service, online via the website, or by person.
- Please use the tear off portion of your prescription to make your request and tick the box next to the medication required.
- Only those items authorised by your doctor or nurse and marked as repeat medication will be available on a repeat basis.
- Please mark clearly in the box’s where you want the prescription sent or if you wish to collect from the surgery.
Every effort will be made to ensure your prescription is ready within 48 hours. If your prescription is sent direct from us to your Chemist please allow 72 hours from request.