The Foxhayes Practice is proposing merging with The Whipton Surgery, and we seek your views!
Follow this link to access the Practice Merger Patient Information document
Some have expressed concerns about having to travel across the city to attend appointments - please note that our FAQ states:
- Will I still be able to make an appointment to see my usual doctor or nurse? Yes.
- Will I still be able to make appointments at my usual doctor’s surgery? Yes. We will continue to provide daily appointments to see doctors, nurses and healthcare support workers.
- Will my usual surgery opening times stay the same? Yes.
- Will there be changes to the way I book appointments? No
- Will I have to go to another GP practice site for consultations and/or treatments? No.
- Will any service that is currently offered by my usual surgery be removed or stopped? No.
- Will the current arrangements that I have in place for getting my medicines stay the same? Yes
Both sites will continue at Foxhayes and Whipton and that won’t change. The merger essentially means shared working of the two practices and sharing functions for the benefit of both patients and staff