Self Certification Sick Note for 7 days or less

If you have been ill for 7 days or less you don’t need to see a Doctor.

You can complete a SC2 - Self Certification form yourself. However some employers insist on a Doctor’s note regardless. A Doctors note under these circumstances involves a charge of £15.

Many employers have their own self-certification forms. If your employer doesn’t have its own form your can download the SC2 Form from the Gov UK website on the following link :Self Certification Form

Evidence that you are sick

Sickness CertificatesIf you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work’ (see below) from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.

You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced)

Reports in support of Disability Claims

Fit for Work Letter

Requesting a continuation of a 'Sick Note' of queries 

If you would like to request a further sick note or have any queries regarding a current one please use our E-Consult system on our homepage to submit a form to the Doctor. We no longer can take these type of queries over the telephone. The Doctor will process this within 48 hours and contact you if there is any queries.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website